Friday, April 11, 2008

Corn Salsa

This has to be my favorite thing to make. I could eat this for every meal and never get tired of it. It is refreshing, sweet, savory...and not so bad for you!

The list:
4 ears fresh corn, or 2 cans sweet corn
1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, chopped
2 avacados
2 green onions, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 jalapeno
3 tbsp minced cilantro
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cumin

If I am using fresh corn, I like to boil it for a few minutes first, to get the bright yellow color, but not too much so it gets soggy. You still want that bite to it. If it is not corn season, go ahead and use about 2 cans of sweet corn. Let the corn cool before cutting it off the cobb.

Mix the corn with all the other ingrediants. Chill for a few hours. Serve with chips.

I dont use the jalepenos....too spicy for me. That, and I have an obsession with avacados. So I usually add one more. I like to have a piece with every bite!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay, so do you use 2 cans or 3 cans of corn? And Ken wants to know where the Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe is. You know how he's addicted. :o)

Linnea said...

ooops, sorry, its just 2. I had it as 3 and then changed it because last time I made it, it was way to much corn, but you can use more if you want, I guess!

Heidi said...

Thanks! I want to do this recipe soon. Maybe for Cinco de Mayo!