Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Golden Grahams Smores



Growing up, my mom always made the best treats. We always had friends over and she was always on top of things making the latest recipe. When she found this one, we constantly asked for it. I remember one friend in particular, Jenna, and I could eat an entire pan of these. We never waited for them to cool. I dont think we even let them make it into a pan! Anyhow, now my kids love them too!

1 bag miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 box Golden Grahams (8 cups)

1. Grease 13x9-inch pan with butter. Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. In 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and remaining 4 1/2 cups marshmallowsover low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Pour cereal into large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until evenly coated. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows.

3.With buttered back of spoon, press mixture in pan. Cool at least 1 hour or until firm. Or, do as I do and eat them warm!!!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Great minds (and mouths) think alike!! I've never had these till we made them last weekend. It might have to become a staple!!

Shauna said...

S'mores are one of my all time favorite. I already know I am going to love this recipe! Thanks!

Wendy said...

Thank you so much! I've been looking for this recipe for EVER! My friend's mom use to always make it I have been craving it!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! I found the *real* Golden Grahams S'mores recipe!! I lost my copy that I cut off the box years ago and all the other recipes on the web that claim to be the original aren't. They don't melt any of the marshmallows and I knew that most of the marshmallows were melted but couldn't remember the proportions. Thank you so much!!