Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good Morning breakfast smoothie

I know I know. I have not been posting. With me being sick and not really being able to eat anything, the last thing I want to do is cook, let alone post about wonderfully delicious food. So, I am sorry. But, I think I have come up with a new idea here. Instead of me posting daily or every other day about food I cook, I am going to try and post links to other wonderful blogs and recipes. I find tons and tons of recipes daily, and I just do not have enough time to cook them all. So, I will share.
But for now, here is a wonderful smoothie recipe for you. I eat one of these every morning. And now, Chloe and Reid love them too!

Good Morning (or noon or night) smoothie
2 cups frozen fruit (I like to use frozen so I dont have to add ice. And any kind will do. My preference is peaches/strawberries and blueberries)
1/4 cup silken tofu
2 cups fresh baby spinach
2 T milled flax seed
2T agave nectar (or honey, or 1 pack low cal sweetener, if you are watching calories)
1 cup almond milk (more or less depending on how thick you like it)
put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments: