Friday, August 13, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie




I came across this recipe in one of my books a while back and finally made it. And, I am SO glad I tried it. It has quickly become a family favorite, even with the kids. And that right there says a lot! It is easy to make, delicious, and enough to feed my family with one recipe!




Pillsbury pie crust


2 cups mixed veggies (either frozen or 1 can of mixed veggies)


1 can cream of chicken soup


16 oz sour cream


1 lb chicken


salt and pepper to taste




Start by boiling the chicken until no longer pink and shredding.


Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix veggies, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, salt, and pepper until blended. Mix in chicken.


Grease bottom of 9x9 pie pan. Cover with one pie crust. Fill with filling. Cover with other crust. Secure sides. Bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes. Let cool for 5 before serving.




My kids like corn, so I end up using 1 cup mixed veggies and 1 cup corn, but you can do it how ever you want! Also, on busy nights, a rotisserie chicken from Publix does just the job instead of cooking my own chicken!

No comments: