Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Applesauce, I think


My wonderfully darling friend, Ms Bright, posted this recipe for applesauce. It looked easy enough so I tried it. Um, not applesauce. Its dessert. Hana even tried it and said "this tastes just like apple pie!" Delish. I promise. Thank you, dear Lesley, for sharing.

And so, I am passing it along to you.

You are welcome.

10-12 Rome (or baking) apples
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup water
Peel the apples and chop into stamp size bites.
Put chopped apples in a crock pot.
Pour the rest of the ingredients on top of the apples.
Put the lid on and cook on high for 3-4 hours (or low for 5-6).
Let cool a bit and enjoy hot or cold!

(I added a step and mashed them up a bit with a potato masher, but its not necessary)


No comments: