Monday, February 18, 2008

The perfect steak

I have always been afraid of steak. I shouldnt be since we had cows growing up and always had meat in our freezer. My mother must have made it about 3 times a week...you think I would have picked up on it. So, I have not done it so much. I came across this easy recipe, it said that the loved one you make it for will fall even more in love with you. I think I fell in love with me!

1-2 ribeyes of good quality...dont go to Walmart...please!
1 tbsp Lawrey's seasoned salt
3 tbsp lemon pepper

Mix spices together and rub into the ribeye. Make sure you really rub them in there...dont just sprinkle it on top.
In a fry pan (I use my wonderful Green Pan that I recieved for Christmas...LOVE IT!) place 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil. Heat over med-high till nice and HOT.
Place the meat in the pan and let it do its work. Dont move it around, just leave it for about 2 minutes. Turn it over and do the same to the other side. Turn the heat down and let it cook for another 2 minutes. It should be nice and seared! Depending on how you like your meat done, cook it longer. I like mine medium/med-rare. So, after I seared it, I cooked it for another minute or two on each side. Take it out of the pan and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, let the love begin.

No comments: