Friday, February 1, 2008

Crummy Chicken

Well, not crummy like it sucks, but "crumby" like it has bread crumbs on it! That is just what the girls call it. My mom used to make this for me growing up, and I started it years ago. Now, its about the only chicken Maddison will eat, as long as she can dip it in her baked beans. And, let me tell you...she can eat it! I make it once a week, just so I know she is eating something....Bryan is a little tired of it!
Here we go!

1 lb chicken tenders (I use the tenders instead of breasts...they cook so much nicer and even and the kids like having a little chicken finger on their plate!)
1 stick butter
1 cup italian style bread crumbs
1 cup parmesean cheese (I just use the grated Kraft)

Make an assembly line with the chicken, bowl of the melted butter, and another bowl with the bread crumbs and cheese mixed together. Take a piece of chicken and dunk it in the butter, then cover it with the crumb/cheese mixture and then put it in a 13x9 pan. I like to get them covered good...pat those suckers down with those crumbs! A little secret...sometimes, after all the chicken is in the pan, I drizzle the leftover butter on top...so healthy, I know! And, sometimes, if I am feeling real fiesty, I will add 1 tbsp of dijon mustard to the butter before the bread crumbs. Adds a little flavor and kick to it. The girls dont like that so much.
Bake it at 350 for 30-35 minutes, till the chicken is cooked through. Tonight, we are serving ours with baked beans and curried cauliflower (recipe to come tomorrow!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had this tonight! Yum! Jason loved it!!!!!