Thursday, February 11, 2010

Potato Soup

1/2 pound bacon
3 cups yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp tumeric
6 cups chicken stock
3 cups diced potato
5 cups frozen corn
1 cup half & half
1/4 lb shrp white cheddar cheese, shredded



cook bacon, remove from pan and cook onion in bacon drippings
stir in dry ingredients
add stock and potatoes
bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked
add corn and half & half and the cheese and bacon
serve sprinkled with leftover bacon and extra cheese, if desired.
(pictures to come)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Do you add the half and half with the corn and other stuff at the end? Or do you add it earlier with the stock?

Linnea said...

That would be good to know! At the end...I think...I will double check...

Heidi said...

So I made this the other night. SO good! I think it's the best potato soup recipe I've ever tried! I couldn't find half and half or cream at the Korean store, and couldn't reach the tumeric in my spice box, but it still turned out great. I used whole milk instead of the half and half. YUM!!!