Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wings

I got this recipe from a friend. And, though I have not tried it yet, I can not wait to on SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!
EDIT: I just made these and they are to die for! Bryan loved them. Only thing I didnt do was use tobasco...didnt need to...it was spicy enough. So, I am taking that out of my recipe.




I love the Superbowl. I dont like watching it as much as I like to have an excuse to make finger food and have a party. My parents always had parties growing up, and this just brings back memories. Even if it is just Bryan and I on Sunday, you better believe I am making a bunch of muchie food! Lets get started on the wings, shall we?

Start with a bag of Chicken wing drummetts. I like the drummetts, but you could also get the "wings" if you prefer. Just make sure they are not cooked or breaded or anything. Just plain.
In a deep frying pan, heat about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches of oil on med-med/high heat. When it is heated, throw in the chicken wings/drummetts. Make sure to stir them around so they dont get stuck to the bottom of the pan. Turn them occasionally, cooking them for about 25 minutes, or till crispy and brown. Remove from pan and let them drain on paper towels.

Now, while those are cooking, you can make the sauce. In a large pot, melt 2 sticks of butter. To it, add 1 12oz bottle of Louisiana Hot sauce...not tobasco, not hot wing sauce....it could also be called cayenne pepper sauce. Stir it up.

Take the chicken, in batches, and place in the sauce. Mix it up and make sure every part of the chicken gets sauced. Place in bowl, or platter, or however you choose to serve it.

I like my wings with celery and Bleu Cheese Dressing....my problem is that the dressings from the store never have enough cheese in it. My way of solving this problem...I take Ranch dressing and add to it crumbled bleu cheese. That way, I can make sure it has enough in it!!!

Enjoy, and happy Superbowl!

No comments: