Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pomagranite Spinach Salad



Quick poll for my readers...do you eat the whole pomegranate seed or do you chew it and spit the tiny seed in the middle out?


I eat the whole seed. I thought that is what you do. Maybe I am too lazy to chew every one and spit each little seed out. But, apparently, according to someone who was over at my home, that is not how you are supposed to eat pomegranates. I disagree. I say, eat it, seed and all.


OK, that's that.


I have many recipes that I just don't post because I think they are so simple, and who would want to see that recipe? And then, I either find myself looking for the simplest of recipes in other blogs, or I make those simple dishes and have people begging for the recipe.


That is this one. I was trying to find a quick salad to make for a Thanksgiving Feast at school without having to run to the grocery store. And, this salad was the outcome. I've made it before. I just usually use dried cranberries instead of pomegranates. If you want to hearty it up a bit, some grilled chicken would work perfectly as well!




Pomegranate Spinach Salad
4 cups (or so) baby spinach or mixed greens
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp crumbled bacon
Serve with creamy poppy seed dressing (recipe to come soon!)
Or, I found this wonderful pomegranate dressing at Publix that goes perfectly with it!

1 comment:

Ms. Bright said...

That made me laugh. It just depends, really. If there's a place to get rid of the seeds I don't eat 'em. If there isn't I do.