Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting

Like I need another reason to make something pumpkin. I think, no, I KNOW Bryan is getting tired of it. He HATES fall only because he knows everything I bake has pumpkin in it and he is not a fan of pumpkin.

But I am. And the kids are.

So, I found a recipe for pumpkin cookies a little while back. Tweaked it and perfected it, made it a little easier, and here we go!



Pumpkin Cookies

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)

1 egg

2 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt



In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and pumpkin. Add egg.

In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

Add flour mix to pumpkin mix.

Here is where I like to add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Everything is better with chocolate.

Drop spoonful on to greased cookie sheet. They don't rise much or change shape, so if you are concerned how they look, fix them before you cook them.

Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool before frosting.



Cream Cheese Frosting
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lb powdered sugar
1 stick butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
Beat all ingredients together until creamy. Frost cooled cookies.

No comments: