Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie

I know, I have been slacking on the posts. And, with it being Thanksgiving, THE cooking holiday, I apologize 10 times over.
Lets get to some food, shall we? I have been busy in the kitchen preparing the pre-Thanksgiving food. And, during this time, you can always be sure to find this pie in my kitchen. I am not a traditional pumpkin pie lover. I came across this recipe about 12 years ago (wow, has it really been that long?) and after I made it the first time, I knew it was a keeper. Only problem, I threw away the magazine where the recipe was and I could not find another one anywhere. So, after years of trying to come up with it myself, I finally got it. And, it is perfect, if I do say so myself! It has a layer of cheesecake on the bottom with pumpkin cheesecake on top. Just the right amount of pumpkin, just the right amount of cheesecake.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie (picture to come)
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
dash of clove and nutmeg
graham cracker pie crust

Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time.
In another bowl, mix pumpkin, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg. Add 1 cup of cream cheese mixture.
Pour cream cheese mixture into the pie crust. Top with pumpkin mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until set in the middle.

No comments: