Friday, January 25, 2008

The 2nd best dessert- Cheesecake Sopapilla

So, the first best dessert, I have not gotten up the courage to let go of. It is a family recipe and only one other person outside of my family knows it (that I know of). So, instead, I will give you the 2nd best dessert. I would call it "Linnea's Cheesecake Sopapillas" but I kinda got it from someone else who made it once, and then I turned around and made it again and again and again. Plus, she got it from someone else. I dont remember the exact recipe, so the original may be different, but this is how I make it!

2 cans cressent rolls
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened (dont try fat free, it just doesnt work with this!)
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla

topping
1/2 stick melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

In a greased 9x13 pan, open a can of rolls and roll it out on the bottom of the pan. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and spread on top of rolls. Open the next can and roll out on top cream cheese mixture. Pour melted butter on top (by now you are realizing how healthy this recipe is!) and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Now, the important part. You have to let it cool for a while. It is good hot, but so much better cooled off and just slightly warm. I never can last long enough to let it cool. Best served with ice cream and strawberries (to make it a little healthy!)

4 comments:

carol b said...

Yummmmmmmmmmm!! Can't wait to try this one! So what is your very favorite one?

Linnea said...

I made this in Sarasota last year...were you there for it?

Unknown said...

I too was wondering what your favorite one is... just the name if you won't divulge the recipe :)

carol b said...

no, we left the afternoon before you made it. i've got to go to the store and get the ingredients, but i don't think it's going to help me look any better in a swimsuit! ha, ha