Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I like easy. I like simple. I like delicious. Folks, this cant get any easier, more simple or more delicious!

List of Characters
1 pork shoulder
1/2 cup water

no, really, thats all

Trim the fat off the pork shoulder. Place it in a crock pot with the water. (I keep the bone on for now, but if it doesnt fit, you can always trim it off the bone.)
Cook, on low, for 6-8 hours. No stirring, no messing around. After time is up, it will be so tender, it will flake right off the bone. I usually pull the whole thing out and with 2 forks, pull it apart, getting all the fat off (and feeding the scraps to the dogs). Then, put it back in the crock pot to get all the juices mixed in. No need to salt it...pork is salty enough. It comes out just right. Just put it on top of your favorite bread or bun with your favorite bbq sauce (or not) and enjoy!!!

Variation
In the begining steps, you can buy a spice pack from McCormick called "Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork". To it you add 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/3 cup cider vinegar. It turns out great! I am more of a simple girl, I like my pork lightly sauced, and that is why I do it the first way. Bryan likes his real saucy...so I sometimes give in and cook it the other way. Either way, they are easy and a real crowd pleaser, too!

No comments: