Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Request....Sloppy Joes

I grew up with Sloppy Joes...homemade...Bryan HATES Sloppy Joes...because he associates it with Manwich...this is no Manwich, Ladies and Gentleman. Here you go, Lisa!!

1lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
2/3 cup ketchup
2 tsp mustard
3 tsp vinegar (I usually use white or cider)
2 tsp sugar
3 tsp worcestershire sauce

Brown the meat and onion together...drain.
Mix the remaining ingredients and stir into the browned meat.
Simmer for 10 minutes...or till you are ready to eat.
I told you I like simple recipes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fav! Make it all the time! Everyone try it!

Unknown said...

I love this idea for a website. And my sloppy joe recipe is almost the same, although I do hide pureed spinach and carrots in it when I make it for the kids :)

Heidi said...

We add green peppers and onions into ours. I chop them up as small as possible to get the kids to eat them without picking everything apart.